#runCLE Cleveland Marathon Entry Giveaway
I spend a lot of time talking about my great hometown and my experiences at the Rite Aid Cleveland Marathon. This is MY race-first 10K here, first half marathon here, first marathon DNF and (most importantly!) the home of my first full. I claim this race like it’s my own, but it really belongs to the great city of Cleveland and the thousands of runners who tackle the weekend’s races. I’m going to give you a top ten list of reasons you should join me here this year. Spoiler alert – reason #1 is that I’m giving you a chance to win a FREE ENTRY to this year’s 5K, 10K, half or full marathon!
10. If you’re from the area, this race is in your back yard! Getting to a parking lot took me exactly 19 minutes last year. That means you can roll your bones out of bed at 5am and STILL make it to the race on time. My OCD self will be up at 4, but that’s just me.
9. If you’re not from the area, you can book a hotel downtown and walk to the starting line in minutes. And while you’re here you can check out the amazing city that I get to call home. Rock and Roll Hall of Fame-yep, we have that. Amazing art museums-yep, two of those and one of them is FREE. Crazy delicious food scene-yep, that too.
8. The new & improved race course will leave out some of the less populated, concrete deserts that were part of the course in the past. Check out the press release here!
7. The swag – spinning guitar medal? You bet.
6. Two F words – both of them appropriate for family reading – Flat & Fast. The 10K course has been home to record times. The new marathon courses promise to be speedy.
5. Discount Tribe tickets! Maybe you love the Cleveland Indians as much as we do-see a game while you’re in town with discounted seats.
4. Lake Erie Love. Maybe you’ve never visited this treasure, but make a trip to one of the beaches in the area a part of your visit.
3. Amazing crowd support. Neighborhoods all over the city come out to support runners. Music, bands, volunteers, and the spectators make time fly by when you’re running. Though not race-sanctioned, certain neighborhoods have been known to pass out their own signature treats to runners!
2. Running with the group of Official Bloggers. These are some of the best people I know. Endlessly enthusiastic, encouraging, and great ambassadors for this race. Word on the street is that we might be hanging out at the Expo, ready to say hello in person this year!
1. Drum roll, please! The FREE RACE ENTRY GIVEAWAY!
HOW TO ENTER:
1. Leave a comment below about why you want to #runCLE with me and which race you would like to run (1 entry total).
2. Subscribe to my blog by clicking on the “Follow” button to the right and leave me a comment telling me you did (1 entry total).
3. Follow me on Twitter (@Go_Run_Jess) and leave me a comment telling me you did (1 entry total).
4. Tweet about the Giveaway and leave me a comment each time: “I want to win a free entry from @Go_Run_Jess to the 2014 Rite Aid Cleveland Marathon http://ow.ly/tk5Ap” (1 entry daily, 7 entries total)
5. Share this post on Facebook and leave me a comment each time (1 entry daily, 7 entries total)
The fine print: I was given two free race entries by the Rite Aid Cleveland Marathon-one for myself and one to giveaway on my blog. If you have already paid for and registered for this race, you can not use this giveaway to receive a refund; however, you CAN add the 5K race on Saturday or if you are already registered for the 5K add the 10K, half or full event on Sunday. Giveaway will end at midnight on 2/17 and winner will be announced on Tuesday 2/18 on the blog. Thank you for entering!